Technology Division Projects
The Technology Division has a defined process to manage institutional project requests.
Technology Division projects represent efforts that are outside normal support and operational missions.
These efforts include major system updates, new infrastructure, programming and devvelopment,
and service initiatives and efforts that directly support the goals of RCTC and other college units.
Projects are undertaken based upon the availability of resources, the existence of sufficient
internal knowledge, and the alignment of the project with college goals.
The Project Dashboard lists all current and
outstanding projects engaged by the Technology Division, including the projects' status and ranking as determined by the Technology Project Lead Team.
The Technology Project Lead Team is comprised of representatives from all departments in the
division, and is responsible for researching and analyzing all aspects of project requests.
You can submit a project request by visiting this link, or using the
Project Request link to the left.
If you have questions on the process or
concerns with submitting a project request, please contact the Technology Support
Center (TSC) at 507.536-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Projects Request Terms & Conditions
- This project request process should not be used for routine techncial support requests. If you are having Issues
with your login, computer, printer, or network (wireless or wired), or need help editing a web page, please contact
the Technology Support Center (TSC) in GL 100 at 507.536-5555 or email@example.com.
- By submitting a project request to the Technology Division, you are agreeing to commit the time necessary to ensure
successful completion of your project. Failure to dedicate the necessary resources and time will put your project in jeopardy.
- All requests must be approved by a Project Sponsor, generally your Department Head or Chair, and/or College Leadership
through the approval of an IPP Action Item.
- Project requests will be reviewed by the Technology Project Lead Team usually within 10-20 business days of submission.
- Once reviewed by the Technology Project Lead Team, you will be notified of the status of your request. All requests
will receive a status as listed below:
- Approved: The project request you submitted has been approved. You will be contacted by the Project Manager to
initiate the next steps in the project process.
- Deferred: The project request you submitted has been approved; however, the Technology division will
not be able to dedicate resources to your project at this time. You will be contacted by the project manager
to discuss where your project falls within their queue. As your project's start date comes closer, the
project manager will again contact you to initiate the next steps in the project process.
- Denied: The project request you submitted has been denied. A Project Manager, or a Director from the
Technology Division, will be in touch with you to discuss the reason for the denial.
- On Hold: In order to process the project request we need more information from you or another unit
of the College to establish dependencies and exact requirements. You will be contacted by the project
manager to discuss the needed information.
- Semester Hours:
- 7:30 am to 10:00 pm - Monday - Thursday
- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm - Friday
- 7:30 am to 4:30 pm - Saturday
- Semester Break: